As voted by our C3 Community, this past Tuesday’s Answer the Call to Conscious Leadership event was all about curtailing COVID turnover, but we covered quite a bit about mitigating it altogether.
Our panelists, Kelly Robinson, CEO of Talent Acquisition and Recruiting Consulting firm Panna Knows, and TaJuanna Taylor, Corporate Compliance Project Consultant, had very different, but complementary perspectives on:
- Why people resist being involved in change projects and how can you engage them
- The definition of UNculture
- The critical questions to ask to make sure that your company is talent-ready
- Where in the talent cycle the turnover is highest, and if it is preventable
- The top warning signs that your talent needs a check-in
- Why talent is jumping ship from “secure” jobs in the middle of a pandemic
- The recommended systems companies can implement in order to stop turnover before it starts
- How companies can leverage assets they already have to engage and retain talent
- The critical metric some companies are NOT measuring
- The risks of hiring talent that is doomed to be disengaged and jump ship during this time
- The front end measures that need to be taken to make sure that the talent you consider truly represents the talent your company can retain and who will thrive
- How to give yourself permission for self-care as a leader
- The long-term impacts of not taking care of your talent
- When to make concessions in your talent requirements
- How to get to a point of sustainability in your talent strategy
- The qualities that leaders need to express in order to master the long-game of retention
- The crucial difference between managers and leaders, and what’s needed right now
- The balance leaders must strike between neglect and micro-management
- The counter-intuitive problem of having a wide talent pool
Wisdom bombs galore, folks! You definitely want to watch this replay! Get in C3 now for access.
I don’t know about you, but I love this event and I love this group. Am I allowed to say love in a corporate setting? Yes, I am! Because this is what we are creating.
We are collaborating to create a more conscious, HUMAN corporate landscape. There are only gains to doing so. The more people who join in, the further and faster we go.
Get in this community and be on the front lines of a movement that is sure to make work better for more people…and the planet. Be one of the founding 100 members, and then when you recognize how powerful it is to connect, commiserate, and collaborate with other conscious leaders and facilitators, invite your people.
The faster we grow, the further we go.
Remember that the next free training in this group is the 3-Day Conscious Decision Challenge starting Wednesday, August 26th at noon ET. Over 3 days, you’ll discover 3 frameworks to determine the course of action that is in the highest good and that will get your people enthusiastically onboard. Register now and see you in C3!
Karen Huller is the creator of the Corporate Consciousness Ripple Blueprint and author of Laser-sharp Career Focus: Pinpoint your Purpose and Passion in 30 Days. She founded Epic Careering, a leadership and career development firm specializing in executive branding and conscious culture, in 2006.
While the bulk of her 20 years of professional experience has been within the recruiting and employment industry, her publications, presentations, and coaching also draw from experience in personal development, performance, broadcasting, marketing, and sales. Her solutions incorporate breakthroughs in neuroscience, human performance optimization, bioenergetics, and psychology to help leaders accelerate rapport, expand influence, and elevate engagement and productivity while also looking out for the sustainability of the business and the planet.
Mrs. Huller was one of the first LinkedIn trainers and is known widely for her ability to identify and develop new trends. She is a Certified Professional Résumé Writer, Certified Career Transition Consultant, and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist with a Bachelor of Art in Communication Studies and Theater from Ursinus College and a minor in Creative Writing. Her blog was recognized as a top 100 career blog worldwide by Feedspot.
She was an Adjunct Professor in Cabrini University’s Communications Department and an Adjunct Professor of Career Management and Professional Development at Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business She is an Instructor for the Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA) where some of her students won the 2018 national YEA competition, were named Ernst & Young’s America’s Next Top Young Entrepreneurs, and won the 2019 People’s Choice Award.
She is board secretary for the Upper Merion Community Center and just finished serving as Vice President of the Gulph Elementary PTC, for which she received recognition as a Public Education Partner and Promoter from the Upper Merion Area Education Association. She lives in King of Prussia with her husband, two daughters, and many pets, furry, feathered, and scaly.answer the call to conscious leadership > business > communicate > communication > connections > conscious leadership > corporate consciousness > corporate leadership > corporate mindfulness > creating authentic connection > human resources > ideal employer > leadership > personal development > positive change > professional development > strategy > team-building > thought leadership > turnover